Bridal shows and bridal expos can be exciting and fun! They are also an excellent way for you to get assistance with planning your wedding or special event.
These are my top 5 tips for getting the most out of a wedding show or wedding expo:
1. Be prepared – Review the schedule for the day so you can know what events you want to attend. Many shows have fashion shows and workshops, and reviewing the schedule will help you spend your time wisely. Also, many expo organizers provide an exhibitors list so you can know which vendors will be in attendance.
2. Ask questions – The vendors you meet at a wedding expo are experts in their fields, and they are available to help you! Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the types of services they provide. If your questions are very in-depth, it may be a good idea to schedule a consultation with the vendor so he or she can spend uninterrupted time with you. Most vendors will schedule your consultation right on the spot.
3. Bring address labels – Many vendors will have giveaways for great prizes, or will offer you an opportunity to sign up for a free gift. You will need to write your contact information multiple times, so it’s a good idea to bring pre-printed labels with you to the show. Don’t forget to include your wedding date (or an approximate wedding date), email address and contact number on the labels!
4. Take notes – Bridal shows are a great opportunity for you to get ideas on such things as color combinations, décor, and fashion. Take notes on what you see! Also, if a particular wedding vendor peaks your interest and you’d like to learn more about them, make a note on their card or brochure. This will help trigger your memory about them when you move on to the next step….
5. Take time to read all of the information you received from the show – After the show, take time to review the flyers, brochures and postcards you received at the bridal expo. Visit the vendors’ websites and blogs to get additional information. Ideally, you should do this shortly after the show; you may forget some details if you wait too long. And again, if you have questions about a particular vendor’s services, don’t be afraid to ask! They are more than willing to assist!
If you are in the Tampa Bay area, check out these upcoming bridal shows!
Tampa Bay Bridal Show – Sunday February 21
Polk County Bridal Exhibit Marketplace – Sunday March 21
Your Wedding TV’s Spring Bridal Show – Sunday April 11
Florida Signature Bridal Affair – Sunday April 18
Bridal shows and bridal expos can be a valuable way to spend an afternoon. Use them to your advantage in planning your wedding!